SailNet Community - View Single Post - Things lost in the water
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013

OPossumTX is on a distinguished road
Re: Things lost in the water

Uncounted hats and Sun glasses, numerous tools, an outboard motor cover, a couple of umbrellas, a folding chair, a solar panel, several hats and lately an outboard which I recovered. For some reason O'le D. Jones seems to have a hankering for every 7/16" and 11mm wrench that makes it to any boat I am on. If there is no suitable combination wrench available to quench his hunger a nice adjustable spanner or pair of pliers seems to do almost as well.

I dropped a 7/16" wrench from the base of an Inmarsat antenna about 60~70' in the air amidships of an oil tanker I was working on one time. It tinked, tanked and thunked four times before I heard the faint splash.

And then there was the anchor my buddy threw overboard without securing it to the bow of the john boat we were fishing from. We did a lot of drift fishing that day.

I used Poly Pro line on the next anchor I got for that boat. I had to replace it every year but it was still cheaper than buying new anchors every fishing trip.

Yes, he did drop anchor without tying it off again but the poly pro saved the day.

What can I say other than, OH WELL!

Have FUN!
O'

p.s. If you get the impression that 'possums aren't too smart some times, you will not get any argument from me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook