SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best snorkling in Southern Florida/Keys??
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Best snorkling in Southern Florida/Keys??

Brad,

Lots of great stuff in Largo. You will have to take a tour boat out. The Dry Rocks and Molasses Reef come to mind off of Rodriguez.

Another great area is Sombrero Light off of Marathon. It is surprisingly good and we visit it often.

On our bucket list here before long is to go to Looe Key which is supposed to have some of the best snorkeling and diving in the keys. Bahia Honda is pretty good too.

If you don't mind parting with some coin, take the family over to the Tortugas by Ferry. You can even tent camp there if you want. Gorgeous over there and great snorkeling and diving... but the best stuff is away from the fort and you won't be able to get to it. Still, the old Fort is incredible for the kids. It is one of our favorite places.

Looks us up when you get here. I suspect we will be hanging around Marathon somewhere!!

Brian

Dry Tortugas Fort

Kids Snorkeling off of Sombrero (that coral head goes down over 20 feet).

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook