SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s

really? that's funny. I have a number of questions about the boat. mine needs a little work. the woodwork, inside looks good, but the door to the berth is missing. the cushions are all missing. it needs paint, inside, and over all cleaning.

one question I have is about the head. did these boats have a marine head or a portable head? there isn't a head, in the boat, right now. there is a tank under the cockpit sole that I think may be for the head, but i'm not sure.

also, this is probable a dumb question but, there is a handle to starboard, right on the cockpit bench....well, the side of it. it's a crank, like a large window winder. I have a suspicion that it's a manual bilge pump, but i'm not sure and I can't really test it. the bilge is bone dry. can you tell me what it is?

one last thing, for now, I haven't checked to see your pics yet, but it would be really great to see some pictures of the interior, so I can see what isn't right on mine.

it's good to meet you. I can't believe how hard it is to find detailed info about some boats and yet it's a breeze on others. if this was a 2-27, there's tons of info.

thanks for responding.

oh. one other thing, how's she sail?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook