SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013

MichaelAngel442 is on a distinguished road
Re: looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s

Ok - Lets take this one at a time. First ~ Congrats on acquiring a pronominal boat. These boats are sturdy, quick, a safe cruisers. I absolutely love mine. With that said, lets start.
1. The door to the birth is a two part door separating in the middle. You should be able to locate the track as they are right on the wall where the bed begin right by the vbirth cousins. These doors slide in opposite directions to open and close. I'd be happy to take pics and measurements as you require to help you along.
2. The head is a portable head with access to external plumbing to extract waste if desired. I simply use mine as a port-a-potty. Emergency
/lady use only. lol I can send you pics and have documentation that came with boat. I'd be happy to copy and email if you like.
3. The handle to starboard, right on the cockpit bench is actually the lever (white ball on end of handle) for the transmission on my boat; forward (all the way forward), neutral (middle), and revers (pulled all the way aft). I have documentation on this as well. I have a dry bilge as well and there is a whale pump in the cabin located on the bench wall on the starboard side.
4. I don't have any pics of the interior, but I will take some for you and post them.

I hope this helps.

Its nice to meet you as well and look forward to learning more about your boat.

Question: Your boat is a 1971 correct? Mine is a 1970 (1st design) My hull number is 101 (Very first design of CAL to have an inboard motor.

What type of engine does your have?

Thanks again and nice to meet you.

Michael
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook