SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013

MichaelAngel442 is on a distinguished road
Re: looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s

Your hull number should be in the glass somewhere. I will locate mine and tell you where I found it. It took a closer look at your original pictures and seems as though your boat was ORIGINALLY shipped with an engine. Probably a VIRE 7 / 1 lunger 2 stroke. You will notice on the floor in the **** pit just in front of the hatch, you will notice a cover with 'FUEL' on it. That lever with the white handle operated the transmission which was attached to the VIRE 7. It's obviously gone now. If the boat was shipped without an inboard engine, the transmission gear selector and fuel cell would never have been installed. Additionally, if that boat wasn't shipped with a inboard, the transom would have been cut to accommodate for an outboard engine. If you look carefully at the transom on the inside, you can actually see the outline where the cut would be. I have seen of few of these CAL's with the outboard option.

Last edited by MichaelAngel442; 11-13-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook