Stuff, but want add my story on "A Steak"
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious
Two cellphone, one pair of sunglasses, a steak, a grill grate, a plate. I think that's it.
- Got a hand me down Magna Round grill from my sailing cousin
- Used it one year without issue
- Cleaned it up real well over winter
- Bought a nice steak, a 6-pack, and one of those add boiling water rice pilaf packages.
- Headed out the boat (on a mooring) for a relaxing dinner/solo overnight.
- While trying to clamp the grill onto the stern rail, thing flipped and grate went into the harbor.
- Way too dark (night) to try and dive and look for it.
- Tried to figure a McGuyver grate out, but not such luck.
- Ended up cooking the $12 Porterhouse steak and the rice together (only one pot on board).
- Edible, but don't recommend.
Wife mistakenly dropped a One-Touch winch handle over the side, thinking she was dropping it into the cockpit behind her. Wasn't too concerned when I said she dropped it overboard as her response was "It floats, we can just turnaround and get it." I said, no it sinks like a rock, to which she replied the Orange handle means it floats. We turned around to look for it, but......
If you liked my advice/response, give me some rep points. If you didn't......well what do you expect, it was free.