Thread: Full Keel
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Full Keel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post

Miti:
The V berths were designed so that two men could sleep there without feeling too,,,,,,chummy?
Sorry Bob, I went to have dinner with friends.

It is amazing how a keel can change the looks of a boat. That draft is what? 2.30/2.40m?

I really like the look of the boat and yes if I had the money for that kind of boat and the costs associated with I am sure you could design me, taking as base that design a boat I could live with

It makes no sense to have a custom boat if the boat is like the others so imagining that I went through with it the first thing I would ask regarding your boat was a top building with epoxy vacuum infused technology with carbon reinforcements. That and an even deeper keel (lifting keel) and a modern interior would allow a much lighter boat with less wet surface and less rocker. A top builder could make a boat like that with about, let's say 5000/6000kg for the hull and something like 3000/3500kg of ballast.

That and a much more elongated torpedo on the keel would be a good start.

That boat with a big stiffness a great grip on the water about 8000kg of displacement and the possibility to reduce draft to 1.80m could really convince me to have a classical looking boat. Yes I know the keel would create problems in the interior but with 46ft I am sure that I could handle that in what regards design. Well if not with 46, with 48ft, but who cares if I would have money for that I would not be much concerned about the extra cost. Dreams don't have price

Thanks for the drawing.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook