SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: CFS: Carbon fiber stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
No Pedote keeps on fighting for 2nd. I would think that with strong downwind wind his bath tub boat would be faster but it seems it has a very similar performance regarding the main rivals. Maybe the bigger advantage comes when more stability is needed: on a beam reach or even upwind in certain conditions with considerable wind pressure.

Fact is that Boidevezi played masterfully in what regards strategy in the beginning of the race following a lonely course and winning some advantage...but he is not losing it. Lots of wind ahead. It is going to be a great race....with a lousy coverage: where is the starting video?

Cartographie | Mini Transat 2013 - Douarnenez / Lanzarote / Pointe-à-Pitre

Regards

Paulo
Au contraire, mon ami Paulo! Pedote put his foot down and is now leading the fleet, with Boidevezi dropped from the peloton and falling behind by nearly 23 miles. Marie is holding on as best he can, 4.4 miles back, but the gap is widening between the scow and the old school.

I'm very impressed with Justine Mettraux's performance in the Series class, where she's hanging tough in second place with Simon Koster. But who is this Aymeric Belloir (810) fellow in the lead? I confess I'm not familiar with him and apologize if I should be.

Obviously, in a one-legged race of over 3,000 miles what's happening right now doesn't mean much. Many a lead has quickly evaporated with the changing weather patterns, but I don't think the ITCZ is going to be much of a factor in this year's race, since they are not finishing in Brazil and, therefore, not going south of the equator. So if Pedote can pile up a big enough lead and avoid breaking something, this should be his race to lose. Very exciting, nonetheless.

Meanwhile, over in the TJV, Stamm and Beyou have been dropped by the blazingly fast Gabart, who is now breathing down the neck of Riou/Le Cam, just under 17 miles in the lead. By tomorrow morning the universe will be set right again and Macif will be disappearing into the distance. In boats so closely matched, the Gabart / Desjoyeux performance is all the more incredible. Would love to hear the conversations on Cheminées Poujoulat and Maître Coq. Probably looking up the phone number of VPLP.