SailNet Community - View Single Post - Barefoot Yacht Charters St. Vincent: Never Again
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013

mjlanglois is on a distinguished road
Re: Barefoot Yacht Charters St. Vincent: Never Again

I would like to respond to Rick, who seems to know the folks at Barefoot. I have just returned from 2 weeks aboard their oldest boat, Pelican Pete. We spent 4 days at Barefoot and no one came to greet us, welcome us, tell us what would happen when. There was no "check out" of the boat systems, many many of which were faulty. Aft cabin reeked of diesel and leaked water. Old worn our anchor rode broke in Chatham Bay. Battery held no charge. Toilet never voided correctly. No chart plotter in cockpit. Bimini top was not even water proof and it rained nearly every day. Everyone dumps their **** and piss in the water in SVG. No holding tank regulations. Unbelievable! Lifeboat was last serviced in 2004. No dinghy pump and on and on and on. This organization is awful, truly disorganized. Who runs this company? I have no clue. Never met a soul who seemed to take responsibility for what was or wasn't happening. I would recommend that anyone think long and hard before chartering with Barefoot or, as I refer to them, Barebones.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook