SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced 44 daysailer: Pure beauty and performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Advanced Yacths had made a smaller yach, a 44ft daysailer. As it is a custom brand maybe it can be turned in a cruiser if someone really wants it.

Gorgeous boat, a design by Roberto Biscontini and the boat is not just looks, the dimensions are almost as beautiful as the design

With a beam of 4.25m a draft of 3.0m, a torpedo keel and a B/D ratio of 41% this boat is not only fast but STIFF

This one don't need anybody siting on the rails....and it weights only 6650kg, hard to believe in a not all carbon boat with a ballast of 2700kg.

The boat has a cored hull and uses epoxy vacuum infusion and is reinforced with carbon on the zones subjected to bigger efforts.
A "day sailor"? They're joking, right? The boat looks amazing, and the interior is among the best I've ever seen. I mean, obviously, it is missing a number of important offshore features, including deck hardware for serious performance cruising, adequate hand-holds down below and a way to brace yourself at the galley or chart table. Clearly intended for casual inshore sailing and cocktails afterwards. That's not a bad thing at all, but this boat cries out for a cruising version. I really, really, really like this boat. Wow.