SailNet Community - View Single Post - another tank cleaning issue
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013

Delezynski is on a distinguished road
Re: another tank cleaning issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by alechich View Post
I've read probably all the way posts on the subject but still don't have clear solution (no pun intended). I have a 1971 Pearson 30 with a 1991Yanmar 2gm20f which probably has the old A-4 tank still in it. I know there is crud on at least the bottom, problem is, no inspection port and narrow, deep fill port only. The tank looks fine so don't want to replace, plus it would be a bear to negotiate it out and in. Some have implied getting a service to do it under these conditions but putting out one last shot at maybe someone finding a new solution. I probably can't jiggle a rag on a stick too much so my options are limited.
Any help appreciated.
As was said, install a clean-out port. They sell ready made ones that are easy to install. You might also want to see my tank replacement web page. It has many photos of ours that sounds similar to yours.

Our page is at; Guenevere's Projects, Fuel tank replacement

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook