SailNet Community - View Single Post - Composting Toilets vs. Holding Tank
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Composting Toilets vs. Holding Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
That frothy mess that "disappears" within a few feet is full of nitrogen. When the reefs, and even the sandy bottoms, are covered with a lush growth of algae, then it is causing a problem. So the solution to pollution is dilution, especially in coral reef areas that are naturally devoid of nutrients, is not the answer. However, if the pH drops enough in our oceans, maybe we'll want more raw sewage...
I knew someone would go here. By dilution, I was countering the suggesting that the Baby Ruth bar in Caddyshack is going to wash up on shore. I was not suggesting it beams off the planet.

You are right, concentration is the real issue. Zero is not the necessary standard. It's not the standard in seawater without humans.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook