SailNet Community - View Single Post - converting a furling headsail to a hanked on headsail
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfool
Sounds like you get a very good deal on sail work. You boat looks like a C&C design - Viking? Of course she's sailing well, that's in her blood...

Very sweet. You need to gewt that picture over to Lets see what you got!
I did, and thanks. Yes, that's a C&C design built by Ontario Yachts, hull #32, built over the winter of '73-'74. I know the owners of hulls #52 and #56, both '74s (busy year at Ontario Yachts, I guess). I rebuilt the Atomic 4 in '03 and it runs perfectly. I put on a Gori folding prop in '06 and the difference is notable...the boat just spins up much more quickly now in light airs. We cruise like we're racing...I don't carry water outside of bottles, and instead of ice I carry a Koolatron. The boat's a pleasure to sail in all weathers, and I've got her a "caretaker" owner while we circumnavigate for a few years. Everyone says we'll want to keep the bigger, more appointed boat when we return, but what's good for the open ocean isn't for Lake Ontario...a well-found C&C is, so I'll likely "take her back" and just continue messing about in her.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook