SailNet Community - View Single Post - Things lost in the water
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013

Group9 is on a distinguished road
Re: Things lost in the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphny View Post
A few years back, I was going up the mast and took off my almost new Casio waterproof watch and handed it to my brother. I didn't want anything on to snag stuff while up there trying to fish wires inside the mast. When the mission was accomplished, I asked him for the watch. "Where's my watch?" He just shrugged his shoulders. It is probably still keeping good time on the bottom somewhere at the dock in Mt. Sinai:-)
I have a Casio G-Shock, somewhere in Mobile Bay, probably still keeping excellent time.

One of the most inopportune losses I have ever had, was when I was pulling into a marina, talking to the harbormaster on my cell phone, as he was walking out to show me which slip to pull into, when I set it down on the icebox I always keep in the cockpit. A small wave hit me and I heeled about 3 degrees, and I watched it slide right off the top of the box, and into the water, and then tried to use hand signals to tell the dockmaster why I was no longer talking to him on the phone.

"Best thing to do is get her out on the ocean. If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there." Captain Ron Rico
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook