SailNet Community - View Single Post - Prescription medicines for first aid kit
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Sailingdog - that kit compartmentalization in the kit is certainly one of the big selling features for me, as is the book and reputation of the company; I'm shopping around right now for internet pricing and have seen ranges from $499 through $575 (for the same kit!). Once I'm pretty sure that I've got the best deal I'm going to order it and throw it into the big Pelican case - I'll have enough band-aids, gauze, tape and other 1st aid extras to take care of minor stuff and will only need to delve into the big kit on emergencies.

I still haven't found a source for the Zofran patches (lots of sources for the pills, though).

Oddly enough, the Marine 3000 kit is billed as ">24 Hours from aid" while the Marine 2000 kit is "<24 Hours", yet the manufacturer states that the difference is mainly in the quantity, not the contents. The only content differences between the 3000 and 2000 are:

Glutose Paste
After Sting Relief Jellyfish
Hydrogel Streile Dressing
Tender's After Burn Aloe (1oz.) [both have a 4oz tube]
Dental Floss
Oil of Clove

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Zanshin; 02-16-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook