SailNet Community - View Single Post - westsail 32, that bad?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013

Markwesti is on a distinguished road
Re: westsail 32, that bad?

I can't resist making a comment here . Westsails are kind of slow for sure . but on the other hand they have a nice sea motion like few others. Some people say they hobby horse . I have never experienced that . What I have experienced is, in say 8-10 KNT's is a boat that heals over gets down on her lines takes off to about 6 KNT's . If that ain't love tell me what is! Ohboy and then there is down wind . I get going just a little off DDW then I sets the Drifter to the down wind side then the Yankee gets set to the windy side on the pole . I put the stay sail away and of course set the main DW, we do that all day long . So the Westsail as a choice for your boat ? What could go wrong ? Well a lot of things , none terminal . First there is a support group , Then you have the Grand PhooBahh Bailey Taplin . Mr Taplin was the GM for Westsail in the 70's . He has a web site World Cruiser Yacht co. also he will tell you how to fix your Westsail, he even sells a manual on it lots of boats for sale on that site . And of coarse we have the caped crusader that grumpy old man that man with a invoice . Bob. But then you would be buying a W39.

Last edited by Markwesti; 11-19-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook