SailNet Community - View Single Post - Glacier Bay Refrigeration Systems
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007
all these confusing ropes

dohenyboy is on a distinguished road
Had the same experience. The compressor was defective but they were very reactive in helping out. I got the artic air option and have not been able to get it to work yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagersail
I’ve read several articles on the internet about defective equipment and poor service from Glacier Bay Marine Refrigeration. I recently installed a Glacier Bay refrigeration system in Voyager, and while I did have a problem with one of the components, the staff at Glacier Bay could not have been more helpful. They helped me diagnose the problem and replaced the component in a professional and timely manner. The component, the solenoid vlv assy that directs gas flow to either the freezer or refrigeration zones, may have been defective, or more likely, I managed to contaminate it during installation. Either way, kudos to Glacier Bay. And, best of all, the system works great! (so far…)

I do have to say though, I don’t believe the installation of these systems is a do-it-yourself operation. The required vacuum pumps, gas detectors and the experience to operate these devices correctly is not in the realm of the average do-it-yourselfer.

Rick Goltz
S/V Voyager
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook