SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
European, American boat design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Paulo:
I think you misunderstood me. I was simply saying that the boat in question has a very Euero look to it in nterms of it's overall styling. I like that look. It's not a look I would try to design because there are tool many designers who do that better than I do.

Your post shows some very beautiful boats that I would say, right or wrong, are in the "Euro" style.
Sorry if I did not understand why you have posted your 46ft with that coment regarding European style.

I really don't believe that we can talk about an European style:

We have basically contemporary designs that have a more or less strong inspiration in traditional and classical forms and we have contemporary modern designs. Among the moderns there are several lines, from relatively narrow boats to very beamy boats with strong influence of the solo racing boats. All of them have modern underbodies. I cannot see a single line that you can call European but several design lines.

And then if we have an European style we would have an Australian and NZ style and an American style. Regarding NZ and Australian designers they work for European boat builders, some Americans too.

On this times of globalization I cannot see what is a contemporary American boat style.

Sure you design nice boats but are they American designs belonging to an American style? I am not saying that there is not one but if there is I would like to understand what it is. I mean probably we can talk about a 60's and 70's American boat style but now, regarding contemporary design in these days of globalization?

What is the sharp edge of the American contemporary yacht design? and in what is different from the European one, assuming there is an European one as you say.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 11-18-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook