SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Transat Jaques Vabre - Mini Transat

It seems that the fun is over on the Open60 Gabart is managing to do with Riou what he had done with Le Cleash on the finish of the Vendee Globe: he is winning on the same course, slowly but relentlessly, mile by mile over Riou. Riou is now at 14nm and they approaching the Brazilian coast. All the others are losing to this duo.

On the Class 40 it is much the same, Rogues leading and Rietcher in 2nd able to maintain the 50nm distance to the leader but unable to win any distance. The news come from the all Spanish team (Pella) that is the only boat in the fleet winning distance to the leader. They are now 3th at 56nm from Riecher. A pity the considerable time they lost in repairs on the Spanish coast. Will they be able to close on Riechers? It seems more probable than Riechers closing on Rogues.

The M70 have already finished the race in the same position they have maintained through most of the race (Josse won) and in M50 Yves seems unable to catch Le Roux.

Transat Jacques Vabre 2013

Some great movies regarding the last days on the race:

Résumé de 11 jours de course - Transat Jacques... por TransatJacquesVabre

Day 8's resume - Transat Jacques Vabre 2013 por TransatJacquesVabre

Mini transat:

Big news on that one!!!!

For many days Pedote was leading but not anymore. Benoit Marie is Leading and they give Pedote at 20Nm. Delesne that should be ahead now had problems. Really bad luck for him:

The skipper of TeamWork Proto diverted to the island of La Palma due to failure of his fuel cell. Faced with repeated battery failures since leaving Sada, Bertrand had to helm for much of the time since the beginning of the race. He has completed repairs and will back into the race immediately he has completed the minimum 12 hour stop period imposed by the sailing instructions.

I have to say that looking at the weather information I don't buy those 20nm distance between the two first but it is clear to me now that Pedote's option was a bad one. The guys that do the classification were right but I believe they are exaggerating and that Pedote will have no problem in recovering that distance as soon as he starts to sail NW.

On Series boats Justine leaved Kostner behind and it is now 2dn at only 9.9Nm from Aymeric. I am starting to be a Fan: Go girl go!!!!! They are all making an incredible race and are among the first protos.

Cartographie | Mini Transat 2013 - Douarnenez / Lanzarote / Pointe-ŕ-Pitre

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 11-19-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook