SailNet Community - View Single Post - westsail 32, that bad?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013
"Nubile Southern Sailor"

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: westsail 32, that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwesti View Post
christain.hess ,that was indeed accurate, IMO. However Brent Swain is not totally wrong . Back in the day one thing that Kern Fergusen did (if you bought your sails from Westsail he made them) he came up with a sail called the super Yankee. Obviously it was just a bigger head sail , but from what I understand it works quite well . Maybe we could get Gary B to comment on that . TB I don't know what to tell you, I will offer this though . Westsail 32's got a reputation for being slow because of some inept skippers, back in the 70's they sold over 800 W32's not to mention a dream. West sail the world that was the sales pitch . So in some cases people would buy in and take off and not have much of a clue as how to handle the boat and make it preform to it's potential . Plus TB , 6knt's isn't all that fast what kind of boats are you talking about ? Did the skipper have over 30 yr's experience sailing ? Plus, OK I was talking perfect conditions , but still that's what the GPS says.
brent swain is most defintely not wrong, I love his info...I was just offering a flip side comment!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook