SailNet Community - View Single Post - Satellite phone choices - looking for recommendations
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Cam - thanks for the response! Do you know of other providers/systems?

WRT Globalstar, are you referring to the downgrading of service over the next year? Or other reasons not to go for Globalstar? I've been looking at eBay and it seems I can get Globalstar for about half the price (used) of an Iridium system. The coverage maps for Globalstar look good; but what use is that if the satellites drop out and they run out of reserves? Yet this page does state to the SEC that by the middle of this year they will send up another 7 satellites. Perhaps now, when the prices are down, it might be worth getting discounted minutes. According to Globalstar, the effects would be noticed in "longer times to establish a connection"; if those times aren't charged against my minutes I wouldn't be too bothered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Zanshin; 02-20-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook