SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Wet Part Of My Boat
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotphix
That looks very fast. I sailed on a truly fast boat for the first time last weekend and I think I might be in the process of being converted! Screaming around at ten plus knots everywhere is pretty cool! Have you sailed it since the mods? Or are those figures projections? I'll do a blue water passage with you anytime!
Yotphix...we only did modulation before the launch...after that all mods are done by testing and trials..that's why I'm allways on the sea when I'm home....so to answer you, yes...we sailed her after, a lot!!!!

we're still a little far from optimal...and soon we will begin......you will all know when she gets to get loose!!!

CONVERTED????

Now...isn't it fantastic??? the speed, once the boat starts planning, around 8 kts...and she lifts off the wave...did you notice the smoothness, the fluttering on the hull stops??? Isn't it addictive???

I love when she starts "getting up"....its like breaking the sound barrier or something...I've had her at 17kts, so far, and a peak at 19!! and then the sea just rushe bellow the hull, and the whole thing becomes light, right???

That is what attracts me to it...I'd still cruise only one day, but for now...the feeling of going fast is absolutely undescrible...I cant explain....

I'm sure its as rewarding as cruising on a sunset like CD or TB do....

I just can't explain....and often people think we are noisy, loud and look weird...its absolutely the opposite...we're very calm, don't shout....and think twice...move once...you know....but when we stop,,,we then get loud...to relief the valve!!! thus the idea people have of us...I guess
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook