SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Black Pepper code 1

I have already talked about the Code 0 from black Pepper code 0 a boat that I saw on a boat show and gave me an irrational desire to own one. The boat is very far away from what I need regarding my sailing program but the boat is so beautiful, so well made and so obviously fast that I bet that many that will buy them never thought about having a boat like that....but just fall in love with the boat. That's that kind of boat

Here the Code 0

Now they have an all new Code 1, kind of a bigger sister designed according the same principles but with more cruising potential (weekender) a Marc Lombard design with 40ft, 4m of beam, 4000kg of weight and a B/D ratio of 55% with all lead ballast on a profiled swing keel with 3.00m draft (1.2m when up). It is not needed to be a genius to understand that this is an incredibly stiff boat and in fact it can carry a ridiculous amount of sail What would you say about a 4000kg daysailer and luxury boat that can carry 110m2 of sail upwind?

That is the amount of sail that normally a 40ft typical performance cruiser carries, with a small detail : they weight almost the double.

and what to say about the 260m2 that it can carry downwind.

Maybe now you guys can understand why I desired the first one and I even desire more this one. It is not only an absolutely gorgeous boat, something you would love and cherish, but an incredibly fast boat that will give tons of fun and pleasure sailing and that will leave behind many racers.

Take a look:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook