SailNet Community - View Single Post - Splendide Washing Machine
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007
Galley Goddess

sailhagg is on a distinguished road
We have a similar unit in our RV, we saw the one at the Seattle Boat Show. We've had problems with ours when we've either over loaded the clothes or used the wrong or too much soap, all cause the washer to stop working. It's a huge mess to drain out the water (ours has a filter/drain in the bottom right corner). While a pan under the machine might help, the water in ours has shot out so far it would be pointless. Then too, the drain is so low we can't even get a bucket under and there is no closing it off until the water's gone. It's also very important to get the correct type of soap (low suds for front loaders) and measure very carefully.

The dryer is probably the least appreciated aspect of ours. It runs forever and never gets the laundry dry...so I end up hanging every load. Which sunny areas are great but the cold wet areas don't work so well. There's a web site that sells lots of great non-electric gear including a washer. I'll dig out their site address if you'd like. I'm thinking given the space and electric needs in our boat, I'd rather foot it to a laundry facility or buy the non-electric one and then hang...since I hang anyways. So there's my $.02 for what it's worth...

Ok, I found the web site www.lehmans.com look for home-laundry-washing

Last edited by sailhagg; 02-24-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook