SailNet Community - View Single Post - Never Buy a New Hanse
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013

Jaramaz is on a distinguished road
Re: Never Buy a New Hanse

Oh, come on. Mr Frankschicketanz or whatever his name is, is fooling us.

We have asked for some facts. Age, who dilivered where, and so on. But no facts so far.

But what we have seen is that the statement on "11 months in harbour" is not correct. No, it has been sailing, maybe in the Med. Maybe the boat was actually picked up in the Med , from the agent, the famous "SüdOst Yachting" (for our americans friends, SüdOst Germany is quite close to the Med around Italy).

As the model actually is old, at least 2 years, you have bought an old model. From a agent who has gone burst. Maybe delivery was somewhere in the NorthEast Med, from which you now have sailed home to Lagos in Portugal after some adventures.
(bit far from the 11 month in harbour).

Warranty ... very doubtful there is anting left. Then you have been sailing with some accidents. Happens to everyone.

But why, och why, do you expect the manufacturer to fix this? Even if there is a fabrication fault, the boat is most likely beyond warranty, in particular after some groundings.

You have most likely got a very good deal when you bought an old model, still a considerable sum. Then you have an annual cost, guess this is in the range €5,000 - €10,000. The cost for this repair is just a fraction of your annual cost, why do you insist so much?

My conslusion is you are trying to fool Hansa, and when that doesn't work, you are trying to fool us, and go on with some rather extensive flaming.

Doesn't work pal. Not at all.

I reiterate my recommendation: get the rudder fixed, and sail on. Have a whiskey in your cockpit and enjoy life. Forget about these matters with the rudder.

You seem to have a lovely family, and a very nice boat. Enjoy!

/J
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook