SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau vs. Jeanneau
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007
Cruiser/Lats and Atts TV

Moonfish is on a distinguished road
Ford or Chevy? Miller or Bud? Britney or Paris?

OK, sorry, you do ask a legitimate question. Yes, they are owned by the same parent company, but they are still manufactured by different people in different factories. There have to be differences, even "left over" from the days of fierce competition. Personally, I have no experience sailing a Jenneau, but have sailed chartered Beneteaus and found them to be fine boats - both for sailing and creature comforts. Niether one compares to a Pacific Seacraft or Valiant, but then you are looking at buying a GM, not a BMW. Nothing wrong with the GM model, either. That's all I would be able to afford.

Are you near any dealers for both companies? My suggestion would be to pick a model from each builder and do as much of an "apples to apples" comparison as possible. Once you do that, you'll be able to tell us which is the better boat (or more likely, which is the better value). Either way you go, I'll bet you'll be quite happy. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Always approach the dock at the speed you wish to hit it."
s/v VENUS
1978 North Sea 33 Pilothouse Cutter (Ta Chiao)

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook