SailNet Community - View Single Post - Things the sea has taken
View Single Post
post #28 of Old 02-24-2007
Actually I didn't recover her, the boat helping us salvaged 1980 I had a 470 and there used to be a sand bank 1.5 miles away from our coast...we used to go there to...get some day, on the way back (she couln't sail to save her life), the 470 is absolutely impossible to sail on your own if the wind picks up, and I couln't lower the stay sail, any way...we capsized and I tried to righten the then the boat started sinking (a broken inspection port was letting water in like crazy) and I needed to keep the boat moving so that the water inside would leave thru the transom holes...I capsized again, and I told her I couldn't tack or I would capsize again, so I left her there...she knew I would come back...and eventualy I did, but the boat was sinking and by the time I got to her she was on the CG boat (they came out once they saw us capsize the first time). We both had the life vests on, and so they towed us for a while, the water scooped out and we return on our own. She also lost a shoe, and I lost a precious sauce pan...

We remained "lovers" for another 6 months...after that I went to the army and met another girl that could sail....but she couldn't she was gone too....

Last edited by Giulietta; 02-24-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome