SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any St. Kitts & Nevis / Anguilla experiences?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007

Chuteman is on a distinguished road
Part 2

I broke into pieces to avoid timeout on system......live & learn the hard way

SXM con't
Orient Bay (NE corner) - Less favorite location & anchorage - I anchored behind Ile Pinel..which is a very small island. Shallow getting in here gotta pay close attention to chart + cruising guide. Protection is much less than previous given windward side. Beaches in the area are very popular so many more jet skis, swimmers, etc than charter boats. I only stopped here because it was close to base for return early the next day. It is also close to TinTinmarie which is a small barrier island where sun bathing al fresca is abundant.

Anguilla - Road Bay - (north) Very Enjoyable stop + very good anchorage - the anchorage is protected due to shape. We anchored over near the wreck passed the comm'l dock to avoid the traffic & noise of beach bars-main town. The comm'l dock can generate noise too but overall it was fine.
They do have a unique Fee schedule when checking in = staying in Road Bay vs visiting other parts of the country via your yacht (adds cruising & park fees). So we kept the boat in Road Bay & used our dinghy to zip around the the water within about 6nm or so. It was Carnival time so renting a car, etc was tricky. The island has great beaches & very good snorkling..also a nice break (quieter) from all the activity on SXM.....I will definitely go back

Need more - let me know.

Last edited by Chuteman; 02-25-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook