SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any St. Kitts & Nevis / Anguilla experiences?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Chuteman - thanks for the advice and info. I sailed to SXM my last trip, mainly because I couldn't get a real espresso in the BVI and needed real coffee and some baguettes. I sailed upwind through a storm! I also needed to go shopping at Budget Marine. I broke their record - I bought a new dinghy and new outboard and, just over 5 hours later, they were stolen. I even had the dinghy tied + chained to the boat. I anchored outside the south bridge since I missed the opening times and someone must have have seen me depart the store with my new acquisitions. I didn't even unpack the oars on the dinghy; all I had left for a couple of thousand dollars was the patch kit and a single reserve spark plug as well as the manuals.
I rented a car and drove around the island, but I was really vexed with the local PD because of their inability to take my report. I didn't expect them to find the dinghy, I just wanted to document the fact that neither was in possession in case they were used to commit a crime.
I never explored the anchorages the way you did, I'll do that again this time around, taking your comments into account.
How many sailboats can fit into Road Bay in Anguilla? The JB concert has a limited audience, but there might still be a lot of sailboat showing up for this event.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook