SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1989 Hunter 40 - A million questions.
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: 1989 Hunter 40 - A million questions.

Okay - a quick update on a couple of things:

1. The diesel leak - I think we're in the clear. We took the boat out a couple of weekends ago and no fuel in the bilge. The original surveyor was gracious enough to come out and take a look at things - and he didn't charge me a penny (Lou Stahlberg - use him if you're in the market). He found a screw missing from the fuel gauge (essentially leaving a hole in the tank). So I replaced it and so far so good. We'll see what happens on the next fill - but for now it doesn't appear to be any of the lines (since the leak stopped as the tank level went down). Still wonder about the vent line.

2. I went up the mast today and changed out the ST60 wind transducer. I was getting no love on windspeed/direction. I figured it was due to shoddy wiring by the dudes who dropped the mast, did the rerigging and pulled new wire. But when I swapped out the old transducer with the new one - BING! Butter. Of course, that was a $400 stick of butter. I feel like I'm in the "Last Tango in Paris".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 11-23-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook