SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Transat Jaques Vabre - Mini Transat

It is almost finished in what regards Open60's: Riou is at just some miles to the finish line with an advantage of 46nm over Marc. That desperate Marc's attempt to go very near the beach to get wind had bad results. He was overtaken by Beyou and had to work a lot to manage to overtake him again. Beyou is at 14nm from Marc now and those should be the final results of the race: 1st Riou, 2nd Marc, 3rd Beyou.

Here Riou and Le Cam at speed towards the finish line:

Jour 17 - PRB (IMOCA) - Transat Jacques Vabre 2013 por TransatJacquesVabre

On 40class Rogues have managed to win on the Doldrums passage a huge advantage that is now of over 109nm over Riechers and continues to win over him so I would say that unless something nasty happen to him and his partner, they will be the ones that very deservedly will win the race. Riechers is losing for the 1st but not Pella (third) that is the fastest and is chasing Riechers.

That is the main point of interest on that race now. Pella had made a fantastic race. He was 2nd at the beginning of the race after having to make a pit stop in Spain to repair the wind instruments on the top of the mast.

When he had to divert to Spain he was at only 11nm from the leader and when he leaved Spain he has at 150nm from the 1st having lost about 140nm on that pit stop and being 8th on the classification. He is now at 118nm from the 1st and winning over the 2nd, Riechers.

He is now at only 8nm and I hope they will manage to overtake Riechers. They deserve it after that incredible recovery. That Botin designed boat is no doubt very fast and I bet that this performance will make Botin one of the more requested designers for 40class boats. a Spanish among many French designers

Transat Jacques Vabre 2013

On the mini class racer on the light wind conditions Benoit managed to close on Pedote and is bathtube bow and was at only 5nm but wind pressure is increasing again and will remain strong probably for many days so I guess that recovery is over and now it is time for Pedote to put on all the superior power of his boat and to go away. Let's see if it is like that.

On series boat Aymeric is making a fantastic race and went away from their pursuers. Considering also Protos he is on 3th or 4th on the overall classification and that is just fantastic considering he is sailing a series boat.

Justine is also making a very good racer and has managed to overtake koster and is now 2th

Cartographie | Mini Transat 2013 - Douarnenez / Lanzarote / Pointe-ŕ-Pitre

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook