SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Search for the First Boat - long learning curves
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007
2kt wind=trolling speed

goose327 is on a distinguished road
I guess I did it all wrong,,LOL.
I've had powerboats all my life, LOTS of powerboats. A while back(about 10 years) I saw a Sunfish for sale, CHEAP. Not knowing a thing about sailing, I bought it. I taught myself to sail it in a couple hours but never really got excited about it. In my mind the little lateen was all I ever wanted to do with blowboats, in fact I figured if anyone ever gave me one I'd lop off the pole in the middle and put an outboard on it.
A couple years ago, for whatever reason, I was looking at a local "for sale" website and saw an add for a Venture 23. I Googled it and fell in love. I went and looked at her, but couldn't afford it at the time(and he was only asking 1800). I had a minor case of "the bug" and kept looking at SV's on Craigslist, in the local papers, but nothing got my heartrate up like that dam V23. I got some bills paid off and was flush again a month or so ago and went to look at the boat again,, IT WAS GONE. I spent weeks trying to track her down and finally found that she had been donated to the Senior Center herein town and had been auctioned off. I found the guy who won her and asked if he'd be willing to part with her. After hearing how I felt about her, he said sure, why not and the rest is history. I now own the boat of my dreams, have no idea what I'm doing, but having a BALL figuring it all out. You guys think too much,,LOL,, J/K.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook