SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is this Forum FAIR OR SLANTED ?...
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Having not followed that thread after the first couple of posts, I went back and read what was there. While I'm all for free speech, and abhor political correctness, that doesn't mean I'm not mindful of the use of words and how they can be seen by others. Self-cenorship, if you will. It's also called consideration and respect.

While the basic topic was of interest, the use of what many feel is a pejorative term wasn't necessary for the discussion. It merely made the outcome invetiable. That the moderator had to intercede was to be expected.

Your response to the action taken, which to me, falls under forum guidelines, shows the same sense of bigotry, that you impune to the moderator. (And FYI, a WASP is not a class designation, it simply means white, anglo-saxon, protestant)

A lot has been said recently in these forums, that really have nothing to do with sailing. Probably too much, though I'm guilty of being a part of it. And though the subjects were heated, no warnings were found necessary, because they by and large, were done with some sense of decorum. Tact, decorum, civility, what ever you want to call it, should be a part of any discussion, and I for one, have no problem with the moderators action in ending a thread that had none.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook