SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: The ARC has started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
It's hard to believe they left with a cut off low just to the NW with winds 25 to 39 on the nose by Tuesday then the trades go way from 22N to 10N all most all the way across the Atlantic till next week, no wind at all.
We are staying in the Canaries till we can enjoy the sail. Did you notice that 3 of the boats broke away going NW. I guess they will be heading over the top of the low and down the backside into the Carib. ...
I had a look at the weather and it seems to me that those that went North will have wind all the way but they have to go almost to the latitude of Madeira to get wind on the right direction.

It seems to me that you should have leaved from Porto santo instead of the Canarias.

I had a look and it seems to me that most that are going North are not going North enough (or fast enough) and will get 25k of wind on the nose or no wind at all, at least for 36 hours.

Most of the boats are going on the "normal" shorter route....and in 24 hours will stay without any wind. I really don't understand what they are doing and why so much have chosen that option instead of the less direct route by the North, but one with constant wind.

So help me on this: I am seeing it wrong? You have a lot more experience and know a lot more about this. Give me your opinion.

World Cruising Club - Fleet Viewer

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook