SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Help me out. Is it a requirement of the ARC to leave Gran Canaria to starboad? When we did the crossing (after the ARC) in 2011, we passed between Gran Canaria and Tenerife. We too, had a low pass in front, then to the north of us. The weather router in Las Palmas was telling everybody to go south to the Cape Verdis to avoid the weather. We stayed our course as it didn't seem to be any worse than what we get in the northern Pacific. We started out beating then a beam reach which was a little uncomfortable in a 47' Leopard. Nearing the Carib, we caught another low which really "killed" the trades and wound up motoring a day or two in order to maintain our schedule (I promised MrsB and the family that I'd be home for Christmas).
I don't know. Remember that there is a big racing class division and maybe that is one of the rules. If that was not mandatory it does not make any sense, for the ones heading North, to have circled the island.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook