SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just wanted to be the first
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2002

bobneidhardt is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to be the first

Gene,

Well thanks for your point of view and other thoughts. You agree with my wife. It sounds like you speak from much experience. I am just thinking that we don''t have to make the decision, of where, right away. It''s different than just going cruising for 2 weeks and coming home. How much we like it could influence what we want, can afford, and where it should be.

Weren''t Krogens available in both a "kit" form and a factory finished version. If yes, which is yours? They are pretty boats.

I agree about shoal draft, yet I''m not a centerboard fan. Had one that was stuck up more times than it wasn''t! My boat draws 4''11", pretty slim for a boat it''s size. That was important because of the ICW work we plan to do, the Bahamas, and we would like to get back to the area we are now, during the summers. Yet, it is far too expensive to keep a home here. We keep the boat in the Toms River/Barnegat Bay NJ area. Someplace south would be nice. A small condo where I don''t have to do much. It''s funny, but I love working on the boat, and hate working on or around the house. It wasn''t always that way.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
Bob

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook