SailNet Community - View Single Post - Helmets and sailing
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Please don't give the government any ideas!

Please don't give the government any ideas! Next thing you know some anti-fun, loser lawmaker will be mandating we all wear helmets for our safety. As always it will start with children first then incrementally creep towards a law in adults.

As someone who grew up during the Evil Knievel era jumping my Schwin Stingray over as many trash cans as I could with no helmet, skiing fast and recklessly before ski areas banned that with no helmet and playing coyboys and indians with real BB guns, one pump rule only of course, I find these new helmet laws and such so PC and idiotic & it's just plain foolish. It's a dangerous world out there maybe we sould mandate helmets while driving a car or being a pedestrian in any city with a "high density" population...?? Oh yeah and any elderly person requiring a cane or walker should most definitely wear a helmet too we all know how often they fall down. Save the children.....!!!!! Save the elderly......!!!! Look like idiots!

I never knew anyone of my friends who "lost an eye" or who was "paralysed" or "permanently brain damaged". Have we become a society of wimps and losers. Next time any of you go skiing look at how stupid the helmet wearers look. The best part is they are always the slowest most careful "sally assed" skiiers on the mountain except for the snow boarders but they have so many stickers on their helmets you can't tell if it's a helmet or a bill board any way..

My guess is that this thread was a troll and you got me!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 02-28-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook