SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Transat Jaques Vabre - Mini Transat

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Tales II recovered the next 13nm and is only 66nm behind. mare also speeds up and has 89nm left to the leader. GDFS has 652nm left to the finish...
And Pella keeps recovering miles. Now at 616 from the finish he is at 61nm. I still believe they will not be able to make it but I would love to be wrong about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
The Scow is at full throttle, too and now 13nm ahead. Having chat to an experienced former Mini sailor I found out that Marie is a way better sailor than Pedote. Keep that in mind when referring to the Scow's performance...
I don't know were your friend got that information but it does not seem true. Benoit Marie never won a mini race and the best result ever was 4th on a minor race.

Pedote races for more time and in 2009 made 4th on the transat with a series boat in 2010 raced with Figaro II and has won several races with the bath tube boat, most of them on races where the boat has not a big advantage as in a transat.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 11-27-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook