SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Transat Jaques Vabre - Mini Transat

Class40 : My God, I start to believe that is possible, I mean that Pella (2nd) can catch Rogues (1st). What a race, incredible sailing by the Spanish: 531nm to go and 46nm to the leader. They have lost one mile on the last hours but they are again faster and they are in a better position than the leader for getting more wind at a better angle. This night will be decisive for them. I can imagine the pressure on both boats. Nobody is going to sleep today, all tryng to get that extra decimal of a knot

Cartographie Transat Jacques Vabre 2013 | Suivez la course en direct !

Open60 : That particular race between Alexandro and Tanguy is red hot. They have changed positions on the race many times. Just go with the race back (the cursor on the bottom) and see them changing positions all the time.

Yesterday Tanguy was leading, today Alessandro managed to catch him and won 4K. With 212nm to the finish anything can happen but one thing is sure: they will arrive very close. It seems to me Tanguy has a slightly better wind angle.

A great race for both.

Here Tanguy shows Alessandro's boat that is behind and he is quite surprised and concerned for him to be so close. In fact Alessandro had recovered 11nm on the last 12 hours or so.

Jour 19 - Initiatives Cœur (IMOCA) - Transat... por TransatJacquesVabre

and here you can see the big smile of Alessandro when he shows to you Tanguy's boat that he is going to overtake.

Incredible, after all this tine they are sailing a match race in plain view

Jour19 -Team Plastique (IMOCA) - Transat... por TransatJacquesVabre

on the mini transat:

Pedote with good pressure is leaving Benoit Marie behind and the trade winds will continue to blow for him and the leading group but all the others will have soon to face a strong head wind (16K) for a considerable time. What happened to the trade winds? This year they are blowing much more to the North making this a very unusual race, not to mention the ARC that have started recently.

Steve is waiting for the right time to cross the pond but given the weather pattern on the last 15 days, I don't know if he would get better than this. Weird year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook