SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Rm 890

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Paulo: Definately one of the sexiest 30s on the market, but will it be fast?
Yes it will be fast as a performance cruiser but not fast as a boat more intended for racing like the A31 or the JPK 960 or even the Pogo 30. This boat was thought with fast cruising and voyage on mind even if it would be no slush racing even among other performance cruisers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
Two questions, however: Will the RM890 be available with a swing keel? And why only a single rudder? Would prefer two rudders over one. Otherwise, maximum chapeau on this gorgeous 30-footer. My choice is becoming very easy.
No, not a swing keel on the RM. They offer two configurations: Twin keel with 1,55m, deep mono keel 1,90 m. On the twin keel they have a single rudder configuration on the mono keel two rudders.

Probably they have a single rudder on the twin keel mostly as an extra support point when the boat is beached (the rudder has a flat surface on the bottom).

The performance version is obviously the one with mono keel.

Pelicano If you want a boat to do more racing, namely short crew or solo racing, I am quite sure that RM can prepare a special boat for you, with a lighter interior, a bigger draft and a main with a rounded top (how do you call that?) and more sail area. Of course it will be more expensive but maybe they are interested depending on the races you will make.

Once they had prepared a RM 1350 mostly for racing and I remember that on the first race (Route du Rhum - transat) the RM was racing among the 40class boats. Of course this is a very special boat with a very light interior and a different keel.

Destination Calais repart en campagne

RM 1350 "Destination Calais" - Blog RM Yachts | Chantier Fora Marine

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook