SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cats on Board
Thread: Cats on Board
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013

Delta-T is on a distinguished road
Re: Cats on Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
have you run the engine with her on board--you may wish to consider making sure she is cool with engine n oise then go....if she stays in deepest part of boat, place a towel under her. if she hides youmay wish to know where--i keep mine leashed. err, tethered during these practices, as he likes to go deep into darkest places to hide from noisey beast ... i can find him by following leash, err, tether...even when not affixed at bitter end----he tows his line around everywhere on boat...when outside i belay his line so he cannot disembark.
My Lucy seams to like it when the engine is running. She come out of her spot and lays on the engine cover. She does not like the sound of the winch. And as she is now turning 16 she tends to like to sleep or when under sail, she is in her taxi. I secure her taxi in the v birth, but there have been occasions the cat and taxi have gone flying. Once when exiting the Cap Cod Canal with 8' chop, 4' apart, bow up 10' then down underwater, she came out from the v birth after and bitch me out good. But she loves to sail.

Lucy is the black tuxedo cat, Ethel passed on a few years ago.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook