SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: Transat Jaques Vabre - Mini Transat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hum, I think Pella is going to overtake Riecher again and it will win a lot over Rogues on the light winds but it will not be enough to catch him, of course. He is in a much better position in relation to the wind regarding Riechers.

Regarding that particular race on Open60 between Tanguy and Benedetto I am really sorry for Benedetto. Even with that big problem with the boat with a lot of water inside he managed to recover over Tanguy and finished at 9 seconds. I said that those two would finish at eyesight view, but 9s after 21 days is pretty unbelievable

On the mini transat Benoit Marie has maintained the distance over Pedote: about 28nm.
I don't know if there's enough runway left but Delesne is only 49nm from a possible podium finish, if he can catch Fermin and Garcia. Garcia is truly sailing well, in a boat that is quite old - 1999 Lombard design - compared to his competition. Of course, he's an experienced racer, having sailed with Jean le Cam in the Barcelona World Race, until they were dismasted. Should he make it on the podium he can be very proud.

No way anyone will catch Pedote and Marie, at this point. Only question will be whether Pedote can hold or extend his slender lead. As much as some of us have raved about the scow and its advantages, Marie is showing that there is plenty of life in the more conventional designs. This one is going down to the wire, I predict. Definitely a Transat for the ages.