SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Transat Jaques Vabre - Mini Transat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
I don't know if there's enough runway left but Delesne is only 49nm from a possible podium finish, if he can catch Fermin and Garcia. Garcia is truly sailing well, in a boat that is quite old - 1999 Lombard design - compared to his competition. Of course, he's an experienced racer, having sailed with Jean le Cam in the Barcelona World Race, until they were dismasted. Should he make it on the podium he can be very proud.

No way anyone will catch Pedote and Marie, at this point. Only question will be whether Pedote can hold or extend his slender lead. As much as some of us have raved about the scow and its advantages, Marie is showing that there is plenty of life in the more conventional designs. This one is going down to the wire, I predict. Definitely a Transat for the ages.
Yes I agree, the race will be decided between Pedote and Benoit Marie. For being fast is not enough to have the faster boat and be a great sailor it is also needed to have sails in good condition. That can also decide the race between those two.

I agree also that Garcia is making an incredible race. He is older and is a cardiologist, not a professional sailor. Made this transat 10 years ago and has been racing a lot less than the others, kind of occasionally, since some of them are professionals. His race in a 14 year's old boat is absolutely sensational and the fact that a 14 year old boat can still be competitive says a lot about his NA, Marc Lombard.
He is 4th and he is closing on the 3th, Remi Fermin that races in a 2009 design, built and designed by him. Deslene, that is racing in a 2009 Sam Manuard design, is not closing on Garcia but maintains the distance and that means he is also closing on Fermin.

Cartographie | Mini Transat 2013 - Douarnenez / Lanzarote / Pointe-ŕ-Pitre

Benoit Marie is racing also on an older design, a 2007 Finot while Pedote races in the newer boat, a 2010 David Raison design.

Regarding the Class40 on the Jaques Vabre Transat it seems I was right: The Spanish team is already ahead of the Franco-German team and Pella is closing fast on the leader. The difference of speed to the leader in the last 2 hours is 2k superior and that value is going to increase. It seems that it is their time to be lucky with the weather, at least if what the weather prevision show is true. I don't believe they can win but they are going to recover many miles.

Cartographie Transat Jacques Vabre 2013 | Suivez la course en direct !

and finally we have images of Tanguy and Alessandro arriving separated by 9 seconds:

Jour 22 - Arrivée Initiatives Coeur (IMOCA... por TransatJacquesVabre

Jour 22 - arrivée de TEAM PLASTIQUE (IMOCA... por TransatJacquesVabre

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 11-28-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook