SailNet Community - View Single Post - Blue Water Sailing School?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Well, no one has responded to you so I will drop some thoughts:

If you like the instructor and feel comfortable with the knowledge, give it a shot. Try 101, then go from there. Are you getting the certification to learn to sail or to charter? If the first, I don't care what the name of the company is or what their credentials are: it will all come down to what you can get out of the teacher. In fact, isn't that true of both?

If your reasoning is the second, well, call Moorings or Sunsail and see if they have a problem with the credentials. If not, go for it.

If you want first hand knowledge on this school, which is where your original post started, I cannot help you. Sorry. But a school is only as good as its teacher that is only as good as its student. Will I get screamed at for saying not to get your hopes up too high?? Your best experience will come from time behind the wheel of your own boat, like when you look and say to yourself, "Now, is that a green squall line? What pretty colors. Wonder if I should reef?" or, my other favorite, "Hunny! Stick your foot out and stop the boat!! I think we are coming in too fast!!!"

Good luck. Fair winds,

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook