SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew wanted Key West To Panama
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007

Tom967 is on a distinguished road
Crew wanted follow up

As a Follow Up...to above solicitation for crew..

Just started to get final plans together..although I've pretty well researched out my itinerary.. My Vessel is a 40 ft custom built 1975 Creekmore..

My intention is to sail from Key West..to Grand Cayman...Then due south to Panama...and then across Pacific.

Ideal crew..is like the guy I met in the laundry room a few days ago at Marina...A retiree , an experienced sailor who loved to sail..who had a great trip sailing through the Canal then on across the Pacific.."Nothing like hearing first hand accounts"..from a good down to earth sailor.

He expected nothing with regard to compensation or transportation...
didn't need that..out there for the fun and the joy of the experience..A real sportsman...

Looking for people with nothing to prove..just laid back sailors...who are easy to get along with..Who are generally finished with their professional activities in life. Personally I had an unlimited licensed...didn't even bother to renew or maintain it..Worked professionally as naval Architect..Westlawn design grad etc...www.afewgoodboats.com my website

Personally, I've sailed in my later years on freighters and tankers as officer..all over the world..as well as smaller commercial vessels types..My sail background dates back to the 60's..on pleasure boats.

Have had the opportunity to go over the vessel the past 2 years and replaced and or fixed what needed to be done..etc..Well founded vessel with all the usual amenities..

If female..has to be a current..well seasoned sailor.. Not looking for couples.

If you are young need to be working or developing a career..or are having problem with supporting yourself, I would suggest a job.?.This is a pleasure venture..The Merchant Marine...compensates professional seaman very well.

I started as Z card ordinary seaman (after Grad School)..retired as 2nd mate unlimited.."It seems more are interested in getting licenses than going out there and just doing the job for a commercial endeavor and enjoying it" LOL
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook