SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trying to streamline storage and dishwashing
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013

cheoah is on a distinguished road
Re: Trying to streamline storage and dishwashing

So I have noticed there is a lot of space behind the pull down dish cabinet, but you have to remove the hinges to pull it, so I'm not sure that is practical storage as-is. Lomg term items maybe. The height of the items you can place in there is limited or the thing wont shut, or open if items move around while closed. All in all, not super crazy about that cabinet but not a big deal.

+1 on the paper plates for short summer cruises with the entire family. 10" plates don't fit though.

We keep our pots and pans under the nav desk, what do ya'll keep in there?

FRying pan under the force 10 oven? Cool. Had not noticed that as a viable storage area, but I'm a minimalist and don't have a problem with space so much as organization. I've had the boat 3 years now and I've yet to really nail down my storage program.

I don't drink coffee much but have a french press for m'lady or other guest. It is plastic and made by the same company that makes fragile glass ones I have seen break over the years.

Silicon teapot? Where have I been?

Hanging on the fiddle behind the sink, I have a wooden 12" x 18" (roughly) dish rack/extra counter space hanging there. We put a towel on it and the dishes dry there. That's all I really have to add to this thread

Thanks for the good idears-
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook