SailNet Community - View Single Post - 'The Perfect Boat'
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007

zmfmd is on a distinguished road
'The Perfect Boat'

Hello everybody. I have recently discovered this forum/site after putting a search to help me gather ideas to build 'the perfect boat'. I was researching one criteria..and that was "unsinkable"..one of the results was one of the threads in this forum..which i found very informative..with inputs that reflect some higly professional comments..and thus encouraged me to subscribe and post this thread. This is probably too idealistic..but i believe it can be done.
What i'm trying to accomplish is not new and probably exists somewhere..but i have not been able to find it with ALL the criteria i wish toaccomplish in my "perfect boat". By the way, at this stage i'm limiting it to a 20-23 ft. power boat..with an outboard of about 40 hp..one that is mostly used by the majority of fishermen all over the world, and also recreational boats (with appropriate modification at a later stage if my efforts are successful).
The criteria are:
1. unsinkable.
2. selfrighting.
3. self-bailing.
4. has multiple means of propulsion.
5. affordable..
The main objective is to save lives all over the world..and hoping one day all..and i mean all boats whether sailboats, powerboats small or large will be built that way..similar to whats happening in other idustries..e.g. car air-bags are a must..etc..
Any ideas, thoughts, advice is appreciated. Actually anybody interested to join me in my quest is welcome.
Depending on the input, i will elaborate further on different issues.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook