SailNet Community - View Single Post - WHAT''S AN ETAP?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007

cheapshacht is on a distinguished road
Etap 30's are Great Boats -- Though a Little Rare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMitch

I know a woman who bought a 1980''s vintage Etap 30 a couple of years ago and loves it. She bought it from a couple who bought a new Etap 34 that was in the Annapolis boat show two years ago. The 30 sails nicely. I can''t vouch for the sailing characterisics of the others.
My wife and I bought this particular boat recently. The previous owner you speak of took exceptional care of the boat. Although we've only had the boat out twice since we bought in early December, it sails very well. The interior is nice and cozy, and isn't significantly smaller than other boats her size. I will say that you lose more interior space from the low deck house and the wide decks than you do from the double hull feature. Most of the foam is concentrated in the ends of the boat, though there is some distributed throughout amidships.

The only real drawback to the boat are the short genny lead tracks. They don't leave much room for adjustment and adding longer tracks is impractical given the deck configuration and construction.

cheap

Etap 30 "Cadence II", USA108
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook