SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ripoff merchants!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013

redx is on a distinguished road
Re: Ripoff merchants!

Hi hellosailor,
I understand what your saying so here are the facts.

I placed an order for parts from that company on 3rd Nov. The total cost of the order was $US295 and it consisted of a total of 14 items for my boat including 10 S/Steel bow rail fittings. I paid by credit card when I placed the order and the payment was approved and accepted.

Next day I received an email telling me the order is being processed and I can log in to their website to view my order status. I did log in and the order status said "Authorised".

A few days later I logged in again and found the order was at the same status level -"Authorised", so I sent a friendly email to the company to ask how my order was progressing but did not get a reply until the 8th Nov. which said there had been a hold up with the rail fittings and this had been resolved and I will get a tracking email in the next 24 hours. I did not receive the tracking email until the 14th Nov. and this showed me the order was shipped on that day via USPS. On 25th Nov. I received the order at my address in Australia. It was a large cardboard carton completely filled with styrene foam and containing only the four small items I had ordered. The 10 bow rail fittings were not sent, and there was no invoice included in the package. The packing slip on the carton shows the shipping cost to be $US25 whereas I was charged $49 for shipping.

I have sent several emails to the company since the 25th and have received no reply and no explanation of where the missing parts might be. In my last email to them I asked for a refund of the price of the rail fittings if they are not going to send them but still received no reply. My bank is unable to do anything about it, not sure why. Somewhat disheartened I then started googling for information on this company and was surprised by what I found. The website I linked you to is only one of several that show this company is getting a bad reputation, some complaints are pretty much similar to my own experience.

The company's address was written on the packing slip and showed it to be in Wyomissing, PA, United States. On Googlemaps the address is a house in a suburban street and for some reason the street view image of the house is blurred out! This company does not answer emails and cannot be otherwise contacted because it does not have a telephone number, so I'm stuffed and out of pocket by $100 and still need outlay more cash to purchase the 10 bow rail fittings for my boat.

I hope you can understand my frustration.

redx.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook