SailNet Community - View Single Post - cruising with bull dogs
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMitch
I think Shackelton proved conclusively that having an emergency source of food is a good idea on a long cruise.
You mean DogSailor as emergency rations for the bullies when they run out of Pal ?

Seriously , it cannot be a good idea to cruise long term with mutts. Much as I love 'em and did a fair amount of day sails and short term cruising with our former muttley, when she went the way of all mortal flesh I decided no more until we swallow the anchor. Far to many restrictions in far too many countries. To be honest , same goes for cats, and cats and boats go together a damn sight better than boats and dogs.

For the time you are just rockhopping then fine and dandy. You can sail all over America with barely a problem and not even need to spend too many nights at sea but a couple of weeks away from land ? Not fair on dog or human, methinks.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook